English for Academic Purposes
Apple courses are fresh, exciting and effective. Our courses are designed to meet student learning goals and draw on our own teaching experience. Our classes are planned and delivered using communicative teaching methods and a learner-centred approach.
We understand that you want to enjoy your learning. We design each lesson to include activities that not only help you to learn quickly and effectively, but that you will also enjoy.
We see your time at Apple as one part of your ongoing learning experience and so our courses aim to go beyond the limits of the classroom. We teach you the learning skills you need for your further studies, so our materials are designed to be useful to you now and into the future.
English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Apple’s EAP program is special because it specifically targets the current nature of academic work you can expect at Australian tertiary institutions.
Apple’s EAP Program
- focuses on how to succeed in your assessment tasks at university or college
- assesses you on your assignments and presentations
- assesses your listening skills in an academic environment
Apple’s EAP program focuses on the most important skills in key areas:
- Research (reading and note-taking)
- Assignments (planning, writing and editing)
- Presentations (delivery, confidence, fluency)
- Lectures (listening, note-taking)
Apple EAP program provides:
- Small class sizes with students from diverse backgrounds
- TESOL qualified and experienced teachers
- Excellent reference materials for your ongoing study needs
Assessment and feedback
You will be assessed throughout the course on your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. Formal assessment is conducted at the end of every five weeks. A performance report is provided to you every five weeks to assist you and your teachers in monitoring your learning progress.
[table “” not found /]
Sample Timetable EAP Program
Places on the Apple EAP Program are subject to availability
Weekly Timetable effective from 7 January 2013[table “” not found /]