HLTAID003 Provide first aid
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty.
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- managing shock
- and much, much more!
Who is it for Those who are required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace Course duration 1 Day Course fee $79.00 Prerequisite There are no prerequisites for this course. Award issued Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for HLTAID003 Provide first aid Re-certification Requirements It is recommended this unit be renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards
Get a head start to your career with our in beginners First Aid Courses.