HLTAID003 Provide first aid
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty.
• How to properly assess an emergency situation
• CPR techniques on adults and infants
• Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
• Managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
• Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
• Infection control procedures
• Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
• Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
• Assessing and moving sick & injured
• Legal responsibilities of a first aider
• Basic anatomy and physiology
• Managing shock
• And much, much more!
Those who are required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace:
- Course duration: 1 Day - Course fee: $ 79.00
- Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Award issued: Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for HLTAID003 Provide first aid - Re-certification Requirements: It is recommended this unit be -renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards
“My background includes 17 years’ experience in the Vocational sector, including at Managerial level. I joined SSBT in 2014 and have been constantly impressed by the dedication of the SSBT team.
My job includes managing a team of highly-skilled individuals and of course making sure we are compliant with all government regulations, consistent in maintaining a quality education, and always exceeding expectations.
“I am proud of what we do at SSBT, an institution that has consistently provided quality education over more than 18 years, evolving with the times… even being a pioneer in online learning.”
Alberto has held executive level positions since 2002 in various industries within the corporate sector. His portfolio of responsibilities has included: Sales & Marketing, Professional Development, Training and Strategy.
As Manager of Projects and Strategic Partnerships, he is responsible for the implementation and delivery of SSBT’s national partnerships strategy.”
Minnie is an Accounts Officer, Work Health and Safety Officer and a First Aid Officer. She believes all students need a strong educational foundation as well as dependable support. This is something we offer as part of our student services. Her goal is to provide supportive services to all students from all cultures.”
MINNIE ESTRADA,ACCOUNTS OFFICER