Why did you choose to be an educator?

I chose to be an educator because I am passionate about teaching and imparting knowledge in every way I can. As I am studying about the Early Years Learning Framework in Australia, it astounded me as to how much children can learn just through play. It challenges me to teach children in a more holistic approach where they are allowed to enjoy their childhood and play, but still be brilliant in different aspects of learning.

What is my favourite moment of the day as an educator and why?

I have a lot of favourite moments throughout the day, but if I am to pick my best two, it will be when we play outside and the children, with the help of their educators, get to resource their own learning by exploration of natural materials and through social interactions. It’s the children’s laughter and the positive energy you get from working with children that are so rewarding. The other one is when we are doing experiments and intentional teaching experiences where children often have various priceless reactions in their faces when they get excited to learn something new. It excites me too to be able to impart that new knowledge to them.

What is my favourite quote as an educator?

My favourite quote is by Dr Maria Montessori and it states:

“Now, what really makes a teacher is love for the human child; for it is love that transforms the social duty of the educator into the higher consciousness of a mission.”

How does SSBT help me in being competent in the workplace?

The balance in the training provided by SSBT allows me to learn theoretically in class and apply them to practical work placements. This format of training prepares me to anticipate different scenarios that happen in the actual workplace. The insights that I learn from my instructors Ms Khizra, Ms Claire, and Ms Patricia through their Early Childhood and Care background are very helpful for me and my fellow students to understand further the theories in a more practical approach that is useful in the workplace.

Ms Kris Anne DIGNENENG

SSBT Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care student

test

×
X