HLTAID004 Provide an
emergency first aid response
in an education and
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
This unit of competency has been approved by Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) who have deemed it to satisfy all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
This course is suitable for anyone working in long day care, family day care, preschool and outside of school hours (OOSH) care services.
• CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
• Compliance with first aid sections of the Education and Care
• Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
• Incident reporting in a child care setting
• Child physiology
• How to properly assess an emergency situation
• Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
• Managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
• Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and
• Infection control procedures
• Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
• Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
• Assessing and moving sick & injured
• Legal responsibilities of a first aider
• Basic anatomy
• Managing shock
Those employed in the child care and education industry: activate to sort column descending
- Re-certification Requirements: It is recommended this unit be renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards.
- Prerequisite: There are no prerequisite, entry, work-placement, licencing or certification requirements for this course.
- Course fee: $ 129.00
- Course duration: 2 Days
- Award issued : Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
“My background includes 17 years’ experience in the Vocational sector, including at Managerial level. I joined SSBT in 2014 and have been constantly impressed by the dedication of the SSBT team.
My job includes managing a team of highly-skilled individuals and of course making sure we are compliant with all government regulations, consistent in maintaining a quality education, and always exceeding expectations.
“I am proud of what we do at SSBT, an institution that has consistently provided quality education over more than 18 years, evolving with the times… even being a pioneer in online learning.”
Alberto has held executive level positions since 2002 in various industries within the corporate sector. His portfolio of responsibilities has included: Sales & Marketing, Professional Development, Training and Strategy.
As Manager of Projects and Strategic Partnerships, he is responsible for the implementation and delivery of SSBT’s national partnerships strategy.”
Minnie is an Accounts Officer, Work Health and Safety Officer and a First Aid Officer. She believes all students need a strong educational foundation as well as dependable support. This is something we offer as part of our student services. Her goal is to provide supportive services to all students from all cultures.”
MINNIE ESTRADA,ACCOUNTS OFFICER