Relaxing in Sydney, Australia
It’s no secret that Sydney has some of the best beaches in the world… from the famous Bondi Beach, to quieter places like Clovelly, Coogee Beach and Shelley Beach, which is close to Manly, a ferry ride away.
You might find yourself taking up a paddle board or just enjoying the pleasant views from some of the waterside cafes.
From taking in the night-life in Oxford Street, to fashion shopping in Chatswood, you’ll always find something new to do in Sydney.
Here are some different things you can do to relax:
- Walk down to the historic Rocks for a Sunday market—or for less touristy goods, head to Paddington markets.
- Do the Bondi to Coogee Walk (6 kms), with marvellous vistas… go part-way or take a local bus back from the beachside.
- Climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge costs over $100, but you can walk over the bridge for free, to Milsons Point station.
- View both old masters and modern art at the Art Gallery of NSW
- Sit in peace at the Royal Botanic Gardens, a short walk from the centre of Sydney.
- Sip your drink of choice at Opera Bar or watch chefs shuck oysters, nestled right next to the Opera House and Sydney harbour.
- Go to Luna Park, an old-world fairground
- Take the ferry to Manly and walk around to Shelley Beach to laze in the sand or dive into the water.